I recut my failed Cross-over Tunic last night into another garment from Happy Homemade Sew Chic: Blouse with Frilled Sleeves. I had made a muslin of this blouse and had decided against a project using fashion fabric. But I’m giving it another try, hoping I can still squeeze a project from my coveted gingko fabric.
This book’s modular pattern pieces made the transition pretty easy. Both shirts use the same sleeve, just shorter. Here’s the instruction page:
I tried but was unable to reuse the facing. This blouse uses a binding instead. I cut the bodice for the blouse out of the skirt from the tunic’s skirt. Here’s the look so far:
It’s a bit short. I might add a frilled hem also to give it a bit more length, if I have enough fabric.